We take great pride in each and every one of our canes. All of our Premium canes,
oak and hickory escrima sticks, shepherd’s crooks, mini-canes, and bokanes are
manufactured in the United States, of the highest quality materials. Each has been
soaked in mineral oil, hand sanded, and polished with fine grit sand-paper. To keep
your cane happy and looking good, we recommend you use the following maintenance
Mineral Oil Finish
Every other week for the first few months, wipe down your cane/stick with mineral oil
and a soft cloth; sand first with 400-grit wet/dry sandpaper. Wipe down the cane again,
and sand with 600-grit wet/dry. Once more, wipe down with mineral oil. After that,
we recommend using a 1500-grit wet/dry sandpaper and mineral oil once a month.
This will keep your cane from drying out and cracking and give it a high polished shine.
Standard Cane Varnish Finish
Our standard cocus wood canes come with a varnish finish which simply requires an
occasional treatment with mineral oil and 600-grit wet dry sandpaper to clean the surface
of dirt and debris.
We want to keep you happy, so if you have any problems, suggestions, or questions,
please drop us a line, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call
(800)422-2263. Treat your cane like a good friend – it may save your life some day!
Tung Oil Treatment
The Cane Masters Tung Oil Treatment is different in application than other methods
you might be familiar with. Following is a description of the process so you may finish or re-finish* your cane:
1. Wipe down your cane with mineral oil (be sure to ALWAYS apply mineral to your cane first before sanding it!)
2. Sand with 600 grit wet/dry sand paper.
3. Wipe off any residue.
4. Apply a coat of tung oil with a rag and let dry overnight
5. Apply another coat of tung oil and let dry overnight.
6. Wipe down cane with mineral oil.
7. Sand lightly with 600 grit wet/dry sand paper.
8. Wipe off any residue
9. Apply a coat of tung oil and let dry overnight.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 three more times
11. Wipe down cane with mineral oil
12. Sand with 1200 or 1500 grit wet/dry sand paper
13. Wipe off any residue
14. Apply tung oil and let dry overnight.
15. Repeat steps 11-14 once more.
16. Repeat steps 11-13 and enjoy your beautifully finished cane!
*Note: If you are refinishing your existing tung oil treatment, you will first need to strip off the existing finish with a rougher grit sand paper(320).